Security is very important to our residents. It is everyone's concern and responsibility to ensure that Valhalla remains a safe and secure complex.
- Please do not allow uninvited solicitors or strangers to enter the buildings.
- Never let strangers follow you into the building. Encourage them to use the security phone to contact the person they wish to visit.
- Always remember to lock all doors and windows when leaving your unit.
- Do not hesitate to call the police non-emergency number (507-328-6800) if you see suspicious persons or activities in the complex.
- Each building is equipped with either a security telephone entry system or security intercom system. Please follow instructions included in the welcome packet for your individual building.
Fire Safety tips:
- Portable fire extinguishers are located on each floor.
- When you move into your unit, please familiarize yourself with all exits and stairways for use in the event of any emergency.
- Buildings 12 & 15: Do not use the elevator if there is a fire. Exit through stairways. If you are aware of handicapped persons on your floor, assist them down the stairways.
- If you discover fire or smoke CALL 911.
- In case of a tornado or tornado warning, take shelter in the center hallway on the first floor of your building. If possible, take a flashlight and portable radio with you.
- In case of a tornado or tornado warning, take shelter in the garage of your building. If possible, take a flashlight and portable radio with you.
One maintenance staff carries the emergency phone 24/7. Please be considerate when calling the
emergency phone. If it is not a health, safety, or water emergency, please save your calls until