Security, Safety and Emergencies
Security is very important to our residents. It is everyone's concern and responsibility to ensure that Valhalla remains a safe and secure complex.
- Please do not allow uninvited solicitors or strangers to enter the buildings.
- Never let strangers follow you into the building. Encourage them to use the security phone to contact the person they wish to visit.
- Always remember to lock all doors and windows when leaving your unit.
- Do not hesitate to call the police non-emergency number (507-328-6800) if you see suspicious persons or activities in the complex.
- Each building is equipped with either a security telephone entry system or security intercom system. Please follow instructions included in the welcome packet for your individual building.
Fire Safety tips:
- Portable fire extinguishers are located in hallways and laundry rooms (where applicable).
- When you move into your unit, please familiarize yourself with all exits and stairways for use in the event of any emergency.
- Fire alarm units are located on each floor. Do not use the elevator if there is a fire. Exit through stairways upon hearing the fire alarm sound. If you are aware of handicapped persons on your floor, assist them down the stairways. The fire alarm system is connected to the Rochester Fire Department. In case of fire, pull the fire alarm located in the hallway on each floor and call 911 for fire emergency.
- If you discover fire or smoke CALL 911.
- In case of a tornado or tornado warning, take shelter in the center hallway on the first floor of your building. If possible, take a flashlight and portable radio with you.
- In case of a tornado or tornado warning, take shelter in the garage of your building. If possible, take a flashlight and portable radio with you.
One maintenance staff carries the emergency phone 24/7. Please be considerate when calling the
emergency phone. If it is not a health, safety, or water emergency, please save your calls until